Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Playing chicken with the waves

Despite my best efforts to embrace her, the spiritual presence in my apartment chills me. I am trying to understand whether it is the countless episodes of 'Are you Afraid of the Dark?' I watched as a child, or if there is something really going on here. Perhaps it is my crazy imagination, and I am manifesting these feelings, but I don't think so. I feel a clenching in my chest, like something is about to happen at any moment. At times, I don't feel her at all, but at night she is pulsing through this place. It's not that Im afraid she is going to hurt me, but being someone with a heightened sense of empathy, I feel that I am taking on some of her heaviness. I don't think spirits linger unless they are too heavy to fly away. What is keeping her here?

I am repeatedly playing youtube clips of my best friend's poetry to bring me peace. His voice is like having a hand to hold. His words are a warm blanket. How fortunate I am to know I'll never be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment